I used acrylic paint for the hand print, an oil based sharpie for the slogan and small ferns as my found object. Monday night I exposed my screen and the image was pretty clear and the lines crisp. Below are the steps I followed when exposing my screen:
- Light in the third notch from the top
- Cover the cushion with a black cloth
- Made sure the stand would not slip
- Inspected the light stand and found light was lopsided made adjustments using electrician tape, I also added a chunk of paper by the wooden lock to level it out
- Set timer for 12 minutes when done rinsed the screen immediately with room temperature water
- I put my exposed screen in my makeshift dryer under my table which is next to the wall heater and covered the table with a large blanket to protect it from the light so it could dry
When setting up the T-shirt jig I found that one of my copper pipes had excess solder in it which made the hole smaller so tonight I am going to file the solder off and hopefully tomorrow I will print my first T-shirt .