This was really cool doing a collage and India ink drawing and then printing on a shirt. It was my first experience printing on fabric and it was really cool to see it work out.
I think also my exposure was pretty decent but my wash out could have been a little better because some of the cedar boughs still had emulsion in them and I didn’t check thoroughly!
I usually do really crisp lines and strictly more formline line type work so experimenting with collage and ink was a cool way to try something new. I tried cutting out the ruby stuff and I think I need a bit more practice. Where I placed it worked great though! Going to have to try a full design with ruby some time!
my assessment of how they turned out was different between paper where 1 pull is pretty good, but with shirts I found 2 pulls to do the trick, make sense because the material is much more porous, I think I’ll have to get some more practice on for sure with different fabrics. I’m already thinking of some denim ideas.
I think I like different things about printing on paper vs fabric, but I really enjoy doing both. This was a fun exercise and I’m excited to continue through the modules.
Ps. I tried a run of 2 color prints the other day, and I think they turned out ok. I’ve attached them here just because i did them around the same time. I think I’m going to have to do another stencil for them because some of the fine lines had some emulsion in them and it turned out that some lines were a little broken! But I learned that I needed to double up on my transparency and get more contact on the screen with the design transparency because the screen I was using was too big for the exposure unit set up!
all in all really liking this course!